Sales numbers of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have exceeded those of the Galaxy S5 from 2014. So far, out of the 10 million units that Samsung has shipped to retailers in April, about 6 million units have been sold, according to research firm Counterpoint.
“The Samsung Galaxy S6 series has a chance to become the top selling smartphone of 2015 overtaking Apple’s iPhone 6 series, if production issues are solved,” said Counterpoint research director Peter Richardson.
If you’re the proud owner of a Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge, congratulations, sales numbers have confirmed that you’ve made a great decision. But if you’re reading this article, it probably means that you can’t use it to its full potential because it’s network locked.
What benefits do you get for unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?
No. 1 You can use your phone with any carrier in case you decide to switch plans. You don’t have to just be stuck with a bad cell phone plan, if you see a better one on the market.
No. 2 You can use local SIMs wherever you go when you travel, and save tons of money on roaming fees. Think of it as frequent flyer miles, but for your phone bill.
No. 3 You can sell your phone at a higher price when you decide to upgrade to a newer model. More freedom for the buyer, more money for you.
What are your options for unlocking your phone?
- Your carrier: You can ask your current carrier to unlock your device at any time. Some of them will do it for free, some of them will charge you for it and some of them will tell you that you have to wait for your contract to expire. It’s a good option, but you can do better.
- A local phone repair shop: You can unlock your device at a local shop, for a fee of course. They usually use a piece of hardware for it though, and you will have to leave your phone with them for a while.
- An online unlocking platform: You can use a website like UnlockUnit.com or UnlockScope.com to buy an unlocking code for your phone, which you will use in the safety of your own home within minutes. Each phone is given a code when it is locked in the factory and these online platforms simply give you access to it.
How do you unlock your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?
- Go to UnlockUnit.com and select the brand and model of your phone, Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Insert the country and carrier you bought it from, your IMEI (which you can find out by dialling *#06#) and the email address where you will receive your unlock code.
- Pay a small fee through PayPal, credit card, Skrill, Moneybookers or Bitcoin, and receive your unique code through email the same day.
The simply insert a SIM from another carrier, wait until your phone reads “Enter Unlock Code” or “Sim Network Unlock Pin”. Enter the unlock code you received by email, and the message “Network Unlock Successful” will be displayed.
If your phone does not ask for the unlock code and it only says “Network Locked” then, as if making a call, dial: #7465625*638*#. Once prompted for the code, enter it and your phone will be unlocked.
Alternatively, you can download the UnlockScope app from PlayStore now, and go through the same process there, if you’re in a hurry. Don’t hesitate to drop us a line in the comments section below if you have questions or want to share your unlocking experience with us.