Mindvalley as you all must be aware of is an online education platform designed to curate and promote mental health.
In retrospect, there are things we wish we did as well as certain things we’d avoid. However, what really matters is the true alignment with inner self.
In this Top 5 Mindvalley Alternatives review we will be discussing a few other platforms similar to Mindvalley that you can put to use. The listed platforms potentially offer quality courses and classes to help you with self improvement.
Founded in 2002, Mindvalley has more than 12 million students in 80 different countries around the globe. The platform supports spiritual development and individual learning.
Mindvalley offers a wide variety of more than 50 courses such as goal setting, meditation, unlimited abundance, longevity, energy healing, and more.
5 Best Mindvalley Alternatives
The top 5 replacements for Mindvalley listed in this article are as follows.
Launched in 2015, MasterClass is an American online educational platform which offers classes and sessions on a variety of topics.
Some of the categories on which the classes are available include wellness, meditation, music, sports, photography, cooking, writing, acting, business & leadership and more.
The courses are curated and delivered by over 150 industrial experts and professionals themselves. The courses are divided into approximately 20 video lessons that last 10 minutes on average.
MasterClass – Key Features
1. Guest Passes – The platform offers you free guest passes which are valid for 14 days. You can share and pass these guest passes to your acquaintances, friends and family.
2. Trendy And Most Popular – Subscribe to the trendy courses that are being attended by many people on the network. Some of the most popular ones presently are Mental Strength lessons by Robin Arzon, Mindfulness and Meditation by Jon Kabat Zinn, Yoga Foundations by Donna Farhi and more.
3. Audio Mode – You have access to the course and lessons’ audio files in case you want to learn on the go instead. You can with the help of MasterClass listen, learn and grow as you go about the day rather than restricting or dedicating time.
MasterClass Pricing Plans
The details of the annual membership price of MasterClass packages are as follows.
Individual – The “Individual” plan can be bought for $180 on an annual basis ($15 per month). You can learn from a single device only.
Duo – The “Duo” package costs $240 on yearly basis that is $20 per month. You can simultaneously learn from two devices at a time.
Family – The “Family” subscription plan can be availed at $276 when invoiced annually that is $23 for a month. With this package you use six different devices at a time for learning.
Pros and Cons of MasterClass
- MasterClass offers a wide category of courses and adds new classes every month.
- Learn anytime and anywhere by using the MasterClass app on a phone, tablet, desktop or TV.
- You have the benefit of 30 days money back guarantee on all the membership program plans.
- Limited number of available resources to reach out to the MasterClass support team.
Next spot in our list of best alternatives for Mindvalley is occupied by Skillshare. Founded in 2010, Skillshare is an online learning community for creative learners with thousands of inspiring classes.
The platform offers a rich and diverse selection of learning courses, from Lifestyle to Productivity, Creative writing to music, entrepreneurship to marketing, gaming and more.
1. Receive Personalized Feedback – With Skillshare Chroma courses you can create constructive notes on each of your project assignments.
2. Connect With Fellow Learns – You can learn, collaborate, and network with other creatives and learners using collaborative tools such as a shared course Slack channel.
SkillShare For Teams offers three different pricing plans, namely, Starter, Enterprise. and Revive. The details regarding the pricing plan are as follows;
Starter – The plan is perfect for teams with members between 5 to 19 and can be bought for $159 per user when billed on an annual basis.
Enterprise – Go for this pricing plan if your team consists of more than 20 members. The custom price is quoted on the basis of the team size and requirements.
Revive – For a team with more than 50 members, Skillshare offers a Revive plan. You can get the quoted prices based on team size and needs.
Skillshare Premium – It usually costs $167.88 for the annual membership but can currently be bought for 30% less due to an ongoing offer.
- Skillshare offers a really affordable pricing structure for their high quality courses.
- The platform has a highly engaged peer community.
- Skillshare offers a free trial on its Premium membership.
- It is a personal growth platform and therefore does not offer any accredited certifications.
Last but not the least on our list of top Mindvalley alternatives we have Udemy. Founded in 2010, Udemy has an international community of more than 46 million users and encompasses a library of over 175k courses available in 75 languages.
The quality of development courses are top notch and are offered in departments such as music, health & fitness, development, IT, marketing, design, and more.
The course structure is developed by verified instructors and is composed of interactive learning aspects by adding in various video lectures, quizzes, assessments and more.
Udemy – Key Features
1. Analytical Insights – The intuitive Udemy dashboard presents insightful and detailed reports on the learning progress along with the trending technologies.
2. Wide Course Library – Udemy offers more than 30,000 courses in various categories including Photography & Video, Music, Lifestyle, Teaching, Health & fitness, Office Productivity, Business, IT & Software, Design, Finance & Accounting and more.
Udemy Pricing Plans
The pricing details depends mainly on the selected course, however, Udemy for business has the following pricing structure.
Teams – This plan offers free trial and can be availed if a team consists of 5 to 20 members and costs around $360 per user per year.
Enterprise – A free demo of the plan is offered and the pricing depends upon the services and course architecture.
Pros and Cons of Udemy
- You can subscribe to a pricing plan or buy an individual course.
- The platform offers free courses along with a 7-day free trial.
- Provides more than 183K courses for 13 categories and sub-categories.
- Quality of course content depends on its creator.
Next in the list of best alternatives of MindValley is EdX platform. Founded in 2010, the edtech platform hosts more than 34 million learners.
The offered course catalog consists of more than 3,000 courses made available by some of the most promising and prominent institutions such as Harvard, Berkeley, MIT, Microsoft, Boston University and more.
Some of the offered categories of courses include Environmental Studies, Ethics, Music, Medicine, Food & Nutrition, Health, Humanities, Language, Literature and more.
EdX – Key Features
1. Intuitive Collaborative Tools – Learners can engage in active discussions, Wiki pages which can be used for articles, course outlines, FAQs, and course wide discussions.
2. Progress tracking – The grades and completion of each activity by learners can be tracked and analyzed by the learners as well as the instructors.
EdX Pricing Plans
EdX does not offer any specific price limit or predetermined packages, however the estimated prices are as follows.
Professional Certificate Programs – Develop necessary and required skills for a particular career path by enrolling in the courses curated by industry leaders. The courses can range from $150 to $1,000.
Master’s Degree – For a verified master’s degree program from some of the world’s prominent universities costs anything from between $10,000 to $25,000 for a course.
MicroMasters – Equivalent to a portion of a Master’s degree, MicroMasters can cost you an estimated price of $600 to $1,500 for a course.
MicroBachelors Programs- You can enroll for education courses designed specifically to give learners real world edge. It can cost you anywhere from $500 to $1,500.
Pros and Cons of EdX
- Wide library of courses for a variety of categories created and provided by the world’s top institutions.
- Easy to navigate and simple procedure to enrol in any of the preferred courses.
- You have access to both the self paced and instructor led classes.
- The pricing range of some of the courses can be a little expensive.
Founded in 2012, Coursera has a community of over 75 million learners, more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, and over 6,400 campuses, businesses, etc.
The educational platform partners with over 200 leading universities and companies. It provides flexible, affordable and specialized job relevant courses to individuals and organizations from all around the world.
The platform extends the course availability in more than ten fields such as personal development, health, social science, arts and humanities, business, technology, data science, language learning, etc.
Coursera – Key Features
1. Coursera For Enterprise – The platform offers its services to small and large scale organizations to help them learn the required knowledge and sharpen their skills. You have access to more than 5K courses from top universities, guided Projects, assessments, and quizzes, job-based learning programs, and more. You can either subscribe for $319 per user per year or get a quoted price from the sales team.
2. Coursera For Universities – The platform offers student specific courses and capabilities to learn and grow. Coursera offers free as well as custom pricing for universities and colleges.
Coursera Pricing Plans
In addition to free available courses, the platform does not have any fixed pricing structure. So depending on the course you are enrolling in, you are charged according to it. The estimated figures are as follows.
Guided projects – These can be purchased for as low as approximately $10 USD.
Degrees – The professional degrees offered by topuniversities can cost anywhere from between $1,000 to $50,000.
Specialization – The complete in depth series of courses and projects are included in specialization and starts from $39.
Pros and Cons of Coursera
- Unlike other digital education platforms, Coursera offers plenty of free courses to enrol in.
- Partners with over 200 top universities and organizations such as Stanford University, Google, Imperial College, IBM, etc.
- The pricing details of the courses are not transparent and therefore makes the whole thing confusing.
Conclusion – Final Verdict
So far in this review, we mentioned our most promising Mindvalley alternatives for you to use, learn and grow. MasterClass, EdX, Coursera, Skillshare and Udemy have their own sets of benefits and disadvantages and what would be the right replacement for you depends on your learning needs.