If you are analyzing the competence of Kinsta hosting services for your WordPress website, then this article can be of immense help to you.
As you must be aware of, Kinsta offers fully managed WordPress hosting services which is designed and developed on Google Cloud Platform’s premium tier network.
The platform aims to provide easy hosting, seamless management resources and takes care of all the technical aspects connected with the website for you. 😍
In this Kinsta review we will be discussing various aspects related to the hosting service at hand such as key features, pricing plans, refund policy, uptime guarantee, security measures, customer support and more.
What is Kinsta?
Founded in 2013, Kinsta infrastructure is built on the foundations of GCP and uses their network to deliver unparalleled performance, easy management, reliable speed and more.
The platform is amongst one to the top hosting solutions and one of the reasons is its ability to offer flexible resource allotment and usage which can be scaled up or down whenever you want.
Kinsta offers a total of 34 different international locations for data centers which is responsible for the overall speed, efficiency and reliability of their services.
Some of the advanced resources you have access to includes the following; Free SSL, Automatic Backups, Regular Uptime Checks, Automatic Database Optimization, Cloudflare DDoS Protection, Server Level Caching, Isolated Software Containers, Backup Retention, HTTP/3 enabled CDN, etc.
How To Get a Free Demo On Kinsta
The platform provides a free demo of their services which you can try out just by simply registering for the Kinsta account. Follow the steps given below in order to do the same.
1. Navigate to the official website of Kinsta and click on the “Try a free demo” button present right on the home page.
2. You will then be redirected to the registration page where you are required to enter the asked information.
4. Click on the “Register” button after you have finished completing the form.
5. You will then be redirected to Kinsta’s welcome page and account dashboard. You can now use your demo account to test out their services to get the general idea.
Kinsta – User Interface
Kinsta has a simple to use interface, minimalistic and organized layout. The account dashboard provides quick links for various aspects including migrations, sites, analytics, company, users, activity log and more.
Kinsta provides you the availability to request for basic as well as premium migrations, manage zone records and use Amazon Route 53 for a better DNS resolving experience, etc. 😚
The detailed analytical reports are available for a number of aspects such as resources, CDN usage, dispersion, performance, cache, and more.
Kinsta – International Data Centers
Kinsta provides a total of 34 data centers which are available around the world. Some of the countries where the data centers are located include the United States, Chile, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Indonesia, France, Japan, Poland, India, Belgium, Germany, South Korea, Netherlands, etc.
Key Features Of Kinsta
The platform offers a plethora of useful features, however in this section of Kinsta review, we are going to discuss a few important ones. The available features are mainly divided into five categories which are as follows.
1. Increased Speed
Since Kinsta is built using CGP network and C2 virtual machines, the platform significantly decreases the distance and hops which ultimately leads to the faster sending and receiving of your data.
As promoted by Kinsta and I quote “Our customers see up to 200% in performance improvements, 30% improved latency or 50% better bandwidth”.
You can speed up your content delivery rates with the help of high performance HTTP/3 enabled unlimited CDN which is powered by Cloudflare, access simplified and faster website server caching, get performance boost through automatic database optimization every week and more.
State of the art technologies available to you includes MariaDB, Amazon Route 53 premium DNS, Nginx, LXD, complete software container isolation, etc.
2. Free Hack Fix Guarantee
Even though Kinsta takes the security of their clients WordPress sites and private data very seriously, in case your website is compromised while hosted at their platform, they provide their help to undo all of the damages caused.
Their free hack fix guarantee includes some thorough security inspection which includes deep scan through all of your files. Kinsta team try to detect malware, identify and remove infected themes and plugins as well as repair the core files or the website by implementing fresh installation of WordPress.
3. Guaranteed Uptime
Uptime refers to the amount of time your website is fully functional and accessible by the visitors through the Internet. Kinsta offers a guarantee for uptime backed by their SLA, which expands to Service Level Agreement.
Kinsta’s team performs routine checks and tracks the uptime every two minutes for all of your sites. In case some problem is detected during these monitoring sessions, their engineers try to resolve and restore your site/s quickly. 😊
You also receive notifications regarding the errors with your WordPress site when enabled in MyKinsta. Some situations that trigger alerts include errors with DNS, SSL, Domain Expiration, etc.
Kinsta Pricing Plans
The platform provides you a total of 10 options for the paid membership packages which suit the needs and requirements of various entities such as developers, small startups, agencies, medium sized companies as well as large organizations. You can either decide to pay the applicable charges on a monthly or yearly basis, the details are given below.
1. Starter – The “Starter” plan is available at $35 per month and lets you access features such as 1 WordPress installation, 25,000 total visits, 10 GB of disk space, 100 GB Free CDN, etc.
2. Pro – The “Pro” package can be bought for $70 on a monthly basis and provides you access to 2 WordPress installs, 50,000 monthly visits, 20 GB disk space, 200 GB Free CDN, etc.
3. Business 1 – You can buy it for $115 and grant you attributes such as 5 WordPress installs, 100,000 visits, 30 GB disk space, 400 GB Free CDN, and more.
4. Business 2 – It costs $225 and offers features such as 10 WordPress installs, a total of 250,000 visits, 40 GB disk space, 600 GB Free CDN and more.
5. Business 3 – It costs $340 on a monthly basis and allows you 20 WordPress installations, 400,000 visits, 50 GB disk space, 800 GB Free CDN, etc.
6. Business 4 – You can buy it for $450 per month and grant you access to attributes like 40 WordPress installations, 600,000 visits, 60 GB disk space, and 1200 GB Free CDN.
7. Enterprise 1 – This plan costs $675 for a month and offers attributes like 60 WordPress installs, 1,000,000 visits, 100 GB disk space and 2000 GB Free CDN.
8. Enterprise 2 – It is available for $1,000 on a monthly basis and lets you add 80 WordPress installs, 1,500,000 visits, 150 GB disk space and 3000 GB Free CDN.
9. Enterprise 3 – The package costs $1,350 per month and offers features such as 120 WordPress installs, 2,000,000 visits, 200 GB disk space, 4000 GB Free CDN and more.
10. Enterprise 3 – You can purchase it for $1,650 for a month and lets you access attributes like 150 WordPress installs, 2,500,000 visits, 250 GB disk space, 6000 GB Free CDN, etc.
The basic features incorporated in each and every subscription plan includes; Manual and Automatic daily backups, Performance monitoring tool, White labeled cache plugin, SSL certificates imports, Self healing technology, Multi-user environment, Hack and malware removal, Customizable Kinsta admin dashboard, Staging areas, Automatic database optimization, etc.
Kinsta Refund Policy
As far as Kinsta’s refund policy is concerned, they offer a pretty fair refund policy. In case you decide to rescind or stop your Kinsta membership and their services within the first 30 days of buying your plan, you are legally entitled for a full refund on your purchase. 😘
If however, you pass the 30 days refund statute and yet still want to cancel your subscription, all of the unused amount present in your account in regards with your chosen subscription plan, Kinsta will initiate the refund process. Duly note that all of the charges deducted for the one time fees and overages are non refundable.
Kinsta – Security Mechanisms
Kinsta prioritizes security and safety of your data and ensures that everything remains hack free via 24/7 monitoring and abiding by some industry level procedures. The platform does automatic backups on a daily basis and offers hourly as well as external backup options as add-ons.
Your website and account are protected by Cloudflare DDoS along with free SSL certificates which cover every domain. You also have the ability to enable two factor authentication, use SFTP and SSH protocols to safeguard your private data and more.
Kinsta Customer Support
Availability of reliable, speedy and professional customer support, all at the same time is very important. If numbers or stats interest you, Kinsta takes an average of 1min 27sec for establishing an initial response and approximately 39 minutes to fix and close your inquiry. Let us discuss this aspect of Kinsta review in brief now.
Kinsta has an excellent customer centric support team and provides a number of ways through which you can initiate the contact with their team. You can use either of the modes; support tickets, 24/7 live chat, and phone call services.
The platform also publishes a plethora of self help resources such as Kinsta academy, comprehensive help center, extensive knowledge base, Kinsta blogs, eBooks, free features updates and more.
You can also reach out to the Kinsta team by joining and connecting with them through social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Conclusion – Final Verdict
Wrapping up the Kinsta review by summarizing all that we have discussed so far. Whether you own an agency, enterprise, membership site or are just a publisher, Kinsta caters to everyone’s business requirements. 😉
It is a beginner friendly platform, offers ample of advanced features, provides free hack fix and uptime guarantee, has immensely speedy and professional customer support services, offers a range of pricing plans and so much more.
On the downsides, Kinsta subscription plans can be a bit expensive and users can use a modern version of the dashboard.