If you are an online course creator and are looking for affordable yet highly customizable Thinkific alternatives, then this article can help you.
In this Thinkific alternatives article we have mentioned five of the most promising platforms that can very easily replace Thinkific. 😍
Founded in 2012, Thinkific offers flexible learning content. Some of the features you can leverage the benefit of include a customizable ecommerce website, sales resources, interactive assessments, comprehensive surveys, detailed reports, community channels, coupons, website themes and more.
The platform offers its services in three different paid subscription plans in range of $39 to $339 per month along with the free version option.
Top 5 Thinkific Alternatives
The five immensely excellent course creation platforms that make it to our list of top Thinkific alternatives include the following.
Let us further discuss our mentioned options in detail.
1. Teachable Overview
Teachable was founded in 2014 and has a global community of more than 37 million students. The platform allows you to develop as well as successfully sell your courses by uploading them for people to purchase.
With Teachable you have access to a plethora of advanced tools for income tracking, sales, insights, report generation, etc. 😚
Some of the available features include live sessions, schedule bookings, multimedia support, flexible page editor, affiliate marketing tools, spin up support, dynamic dashboard and more.
Teachable Key Features
1. Customize Your School Experience – Teachable power editor allows you to create personalized school experience by allowing you to create engaging and interactive learning sessions. You can incorporate multimedia videos, lectures and training sessions in your courses. You have the ability to link Teachable with your website using custom domain name along with any of the supported integrations.
2. Schedules Live Sessions & Appointments – Teachable lets you schedule appointments and meetings with customers along with learning sessions with the help of Calendly, one of the supported native integrations. Using Teachable, call hosting and task features you can host one to one training sessions with students that too live.
Teachable Pricing Plans
Free Plan – You have access to all the basic features necessary to create the courses.
Basic Plan – The “Basic” plan costs $39 per month when billed on a monthly basis and at $29 per month when billed annually.
Pro Plan – The “Pro” package can be subscribed for $119 for each month when billed on a monthly basis and for $99 per month when billed yearly.
Business Plan – The “Business” package costs $299 a month when billed on a monthly basis and $249 per month when billed annually.
Pros and Cons of Teachable
- You can create different types of coupons for your courses from bulk ones to single use.
- You can promote your courses across various mediums by using affiliate marketing tools and incentivizing your learners when they refer to your course.
- You can curate and distribute learning tasks to engage them using quizzes, surveys, feedbacks, certificates and more.
- The pricing plans can be a little expensive for some people.
2. LearnDash Overview
LearnDash allows you to create educational programs for universities, startups, companies of all sizes, designers, bloggers and more. The platform uses advanced elearning methodology and combines it with WordPress for effective content delivery and unparalleled user experience. 😉
You have access to some of the most edge cutting technologies such as Drip-Feed Content, Engagement Triggers, Course Content Protection, Advanced Quizzing, Course Forums, Certificates & Badges, ProPanel Email Notifications, Drag & Drop Course Builder, LearnDash Focus Mode, Dynamic Content Delivery, Bulk Access and more.
LearnDash Key Features
1. Engage Your Learners – LearnDash provides you tons of features you can use to make your courses fun, engaging and interactive. You can assign course points, award certificates and badges, display best scores on leaderboard, trigger notifications based on your students actions, initiate conversations on discussion forums and so much more.
2. Learners & Courses Management – The platform provides you the access to Group Management feature which lets you divide learners into groups and sub groups so they can be well managed. With the help of Assignment Management you are allowed to approve and send feedback by commenting or awarding points once the assignments are submitted.
LearnDash Pricing Plans
The platform uses an annual based pricing system and unfortunately does not offer any free trials. You have access to three different price models which you can select depending on your project needs and requirements. 😘
The “Basic” plan costs $159, “Plus” costs $189 and “Pro” costs $329 when billed on an annual basis.
Pros and Cons of LearnDash
- You have access to powerful quizzing capabilities which you can use to successfully engage students. You can use eight different types of questions, multimedia, automation sequences and more.
- The platform provides drip feed lesson functionality which lets you upload your course content on the exact scheduled time.
- LearnDash provides easy to navigate as well as beginner friendly drag and drop course builder.
- The platform supports a limited number of third party payment applications or integrations to use.
3. Podia Overview
Next up in our list of Thinkific alternatives is Podia, an all-in-one online learning content selling platform. With the help of Podia you can market and sell online courses, webinars, digital downloads, coaching, course bundles, community memberships and so much more.
Podia is equipped with a comprehensive set of features and functionalities which includes Customizable branding, Live previews, Modern site builder, Upsells, Coupons, Lead magnets,Certificates, Embeds, Drip courses, Email marketing, High-converting checkout, etc.
Podia Key Features
1. Online Course Attributes – You have the ability to validate your course and its content using Pre-sell courses to figure out whether your course is a hit or a miss. Use drip lessons to upload your content on a set schedule, accumulate relevant courses to sell as a bundle, use upsell technique and more. 😇
2. Email Marketing – With email marketing you have the scope to promote and broadcast your course campaigns, updates by targeting the segmented audience. You can create engaging campaigns for your subscribers for each and every stage of your sales funnel.
Podia Pricing Plans
The platform offers 14 days free trial for three different kinds of pricing models. The “Mover” package costs $39, “Shaker” costs $89 and “Earthquaker” $199 per month. You can avail upto 17% off if subscribed on an annual basis.
Pros and Cons of Podia
- Podia is the most affordable course creation alternative to Thinkific platform.
- Offers immensely advanced and effective features for marketing of your courses, webinars, memberships, etc.
- You have access to a dynamic user interface, wide range of customization options, etc.
- The platform misses the options required for immersive and engaging learning.
4. Teachery Overview
Teachery was founded in 2015 and helps you monetize your talent into online selling learning courses. The platform has an easy to use and beginner friendly interface and offers some really flexible professional development as well as remote collaborative resources. 😉
You have access to features such as a library of over a thousand accredited course lesson templates, Customer analytics, Easy to use course editor, Custom domains, Email provider integrations, Upsells and bundles, Recurring payment pages, Lesson drip scheduling, Promo codes & discounts and more.
Teachery Key Features
1. Sales & Landing Pages – You can leverage the benefit of sales/landing and email page builder in order to create professional pages. You can create landing pages for Course pages, Payment pages and Login Pages. Landing pages should be very appealing as the visitors are redirected to these web pages promoted by affiliates and referrals digitally.
2. Pre-designed Customizable Templates – You can use the appropriate one of the available course templates for your content. Both of the templates are based on a simple framework and are highly flexible to work with. The “Minimal Template” has a minimalistic and clean vibes to it whereas the “Sidebar Template” lets you customize the color palette of pages to suit your brand.
Teachery Pricing Plans
The monthly Teachery plan costs $49 per month whereas the annual plan costs $470 per year. You can save a total of $118 if you go for a yearly plan. Regardless of the chosen payment plan you have access to a 2 weeks free trial period.
Pros and Cons of Teachery
- Teachery services can be leveraged by Tutors, School Teachers, Professors, Instructors, etc,
- You can use two beautifully designed inbuilt course templates which engages your learners.
- You can create multimedia learning content to make your courses fun, appealing and interactive. You can use images, videos, audios and slide presentations.
- No Cons found.
5. TalentLMS Overview
TalentLMS has been around since 2012 and is a cloud based management system. TalentLMS lets you create online learning content, offers a user-friendly interface, highly capable tools for selling your courses and more. The platform has a community of more than 11 million students enrolled in over 3 million published courses.
TalentLMS is jam packed with features, some of which includes Interactive assessments, Blended learning, Surveys engine, Interactive communication tools, White labeling, Progress tracking tools, Homepage builder, etc.
TalentLMS Key Features
1. Blended learning – One of the best course creation capabilities provided by TalentLMS is the inclusion of the option for blended learning. As a course creator you have the ability to publish self-paced courses as well as set up and organize recurring instructor-led training sessions in both online (videoconferencing) and offline settings. 😊
2. Assessments & Surveys engine – With the help of TalentLMS assessment engine you can come up with multiple types of assessments such as fill in the blanks, drag and drop matching, open ended questions, multiple choice, ordering, etc. Through a survey engine you can create and circulate surveys as a means of gaining insights from learners perspective.
TalentLMS Pricing Plans
Standard Plans – You have access to a free plan along with four different paid ones. The “Starter” package costs $69, “Basic” package costs $149, “Plus” costs $279 and “Premium” package costs $459 per month when billed on yearly basis.
Active Plans – The “ Starter Active” package costs $149, “Basic Active” costs $269, “Plus Active” plan costs $389 whereas “Premium Active” costs $519 for a month when billed yearly.
Pros and Cons of TalentLMS
- You can create your specialization course in over 30 languages including English, German, French and Spanish.
- The platform offers rich communication tools such as private messages, a calendar and discussion forums.
- You can include videos, docs and presentations to make your content stand out.
- The pricing plans are somewhat higher than its competitors.
Conclusion – Final Verdict
In this Thinkific alternatives review, we have mentioned the 5 best replacements to Thinkifi which includes Teachable, LearnDash, TalentLMS, Podia and Teachery.
The articles contain the features, pricing plans along with the pros and cons of every online course creation platform so make sure to choose the right replacement for you.