It’s quite tough if you want to build an ios app but does not have Mac devices!
Xcode for windows is your choice. It is well used by the programmers who want to develop ios apps using windows.
Xcode is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment), designed by Apple that consists of various software tools that are used to create applications for macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS.
If you want to install Xcode on your Windows PC (7, 8.1 and 10), then you have landed exactly on the right page.
Xcode – App Development Kit
Free Xcode for windows 10 is a testing application and an asset management toolkit or in other words, it is an interface builder which is not supported on windows due to some reasons and compatibility issues.
There is a method of it’s installation using Oracle Virtual Box.
Hence, One can create and develop basic apps on Windows PC by installing this Xcode SDK on your Windows OS.
Give It A Look: How To Use iMessage On PC, Windows Or MAC
Alternative For Xcode
If you wish to learn and develop ios based applications but does not have mac system, then you have a alternative, and that is Swift.
Swift is a programming language which is used to develop iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS applications.
You can also use objective c in place of swift, as objective c was used before swift but now swift is highly recommended by all.
Swift is open source programming language and if you want to learn it we recommend, Swift Playgrounds app for the iPad is great to start with.
Requirements Needed to Install Xcode on Windows 7/8/10 OS
These below are the few system requirements that you must need to follow to install Xcode for windows 7, 8 or 8.1 and 10.
After discussing the requirements we will look into the detailed installation process for sure.
- First you need a working Mac OS X virtual machine on VMware or Virtual Box.
- Then you need Downloaded Xcode package from Apple site. But remember You need to have Apple ID in order to download Xcode from Apple store.
- Dual Core Intel processor
- Minimum 2GB of RAM (Recommended: 4 GB+)
- Hardware Virtualization
Make sure that you have a working Mac OS X virtual machine when you are installing Xcode for windows download free. One need to purchase Apple hardware with OS X and app developer ID if you are a professional app developer.
To Know More, Watch It Now:
✔ Steps to Install Xcode on Windows 10, 8/8.1 and 7 PC or Laptop
These are the following steps that you need to follow to install xcode on windows virtual box, go through these carefully:
- First of all you have to download and install VMware or VirtualBox on your Windows Pc. If you do not know that from where to download, click on VirtualBox. From here, it can downloaded for free as it is open source.
- Then, the next you have to download and install is OSX Mavericks ISO as a virtual machine.
- Now you have to open virtual box and click on New to create the virtual machine on your oracle virtual box.
- As soon as you will click on the New button, a new window will open which will ask for new name of operating system. In this, enter Name as OSX, Type of the OS as Mac OS X and also enter the Version as Mac OS X (32 bit) and then hit enter.
- Now it is needed to select the RAM size for downloading free xcode for windows to the virtual machine. The maximum memory required is 1024 MB (1 GB) for Android to run on your Windows Pc. Select the required size and hit enter.
- Now it’s time to create virtual hard drive file.
- After it, for selecting Hardware file, always go for VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) n terms of ISO image. When you are done click next.
- Choose the physical hard drive as Dynamically allocated. From physical hard drive on your device, allocate the file location as well as android size. Then hit create.
- If you are done correctly with all these steps mentioned, it means you have successfully created virtual machine on your virtual box. Now what is remaining is iso file, that was downloaded previously. For this, Go to Settings >> Storage >> Load iso File >> Click Ok >> Start.
- To install xcode for windows 8.1 download, the next you have to do is follow the on-screen steps of OSX boot as Wizard and then OSX will be installed in Oracle Virtual easily.
- Now open official Apple App store by opening safari browser by signing into the App store Apple ID and password.
- To get the complete package, type xcode in the search box after signing up. As you hit enter the search option, it will show you various related apps and from these apps select the xcode and click on Free and Download. Then click on OK to download the file.
- Now as you finish the installation of it, open it from the applications of the computer and provide your root credential to install Xcode for windows pc components, along with the system settings. Enter your name as well as password and click on OK.
- What’s next? That’s all. You have installed latest Xcode version on your Windows 10, 8/8.1 and 7 PC using desktop virtualization software VMware workstation.
Now it’s time to look up into the most frequently asked questions about xcode for windows free, keep your pen and paper ready and note down these below discussed queries right away!
Q 1: How can we open the Xcode programming environment in windows?
Ans: All you need to install is macOS/OSX in a virtual environment, like VMWare or VirtualBox in order to use Xcode on any environment of Windows.
Q 2: Is there is any complications after installing the Xcode on windows portable?
Ans: If we talk about the complications, only one thing is their, that might disturb or irritate you and that thing is it’s speed.
As obviously if you are downloading and installing xcode on windows that are actually designed for Mac users only, it will not work as well as it works on Mac.
Q 3: What is Xcode for windows?
Ans: Xcode is SDK (Software Development Kit) basically or in other words it is a complete developer tool set that is used to develop applications for for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV.
Q 4: What is the use of command line tools for Xcode?
Ans: It is a small self-contained package that uses command line development in OS X. OS X SDK and command-line tools such as Clang are the two components of it that are installed in /usr/bin.
Q 5: What is the programming language used in Xcode for windows?
Ans: Xcode uses many programming languages such as C, C++, Objective-C, Objective-C++, Java, AppleScript, Python, Ruby, Rez, and Swift. GNU Pascal, Free Pascal, Ada, C#, Perl, and D are the third party system added programming languages support.
Q 6: Can We use Xcode on Linux?
Ans: No we can not use Xcode on Linux.
Summing Up: Xcode For Windows 2019
So this was the detailed information about the how to download and install Xcode on windows. We hope this information was enough to make you understand about the procedure that you need to follow to make a Xcode work on your Pc.
So what are you waiting for, start developing your ios apps today!