- 1 BlueHost Features
- 2 BlueHost Hosting Services
- 3 BlueHost Pros
- 4 BlueHost Cons
- 5 Contact Support
- 6 FAQs 🤔
BlueHost is one of the most popular web hosting platforms with over 2 million hosted websites all over the world.
Founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth, the company is headquartered in Burlington.
BlueHost encourages web civility and provides complete web solutions along with comprehensive tools for your business sites. 😊
On top of that, even WordPress recommends everyone to use BlueHost services. To help you build and grow your brand’s online presence every BlueHost account includes a suite of add-on products, integrated tools and resources.
You can reach out to the experts available round the clock, answering and solving issues you encounter with, no matter how trivial.
But what truly makes BlueHost different? Or does it really live up to the hype?
We shall find it out in this BlueHost review. We will be primarily focusing on available hosting services, features, uptime & performance, functionalities, pricing plans, customer support along with pros and cons.
The platform offers a plethora of features and some of them are as follows:
- Built-in Security – BlueHost provides excellent site security by using a multitude of tools and safety measures. It follows SSL, SSH, two factor authentication, SiteLock, CSF firewall, IP Deny Manager, validation token, daily backup & monitoring, Spam Assassin Protection, etc.
- Easy to use Dashboard – Bluehost has an easy onboarding process with an intuitive and beginner friendly interface. You can modify themes, get all the features, products and add-ons tools on your dashboard for quick access.
- Super Fast Servers – You get access to high performance servers which can be dedicated just for your account or shared by a few others. BlueHost provides advanced and immense computational resources such as CPU, SSD Storage, Unmetered Bandwidth, etc.
- Free Website Scripts & E-Commerce Features – Bluehost provides unlimited message forum, social networking scripts, mailing lists, project management and help center scripts along with few others. The offered E-Commerce functionalities include SSL secure server, free generated certificate, password protected directories, GPG encryption and a number of shopping carts.
- Addition Attributes – Some extra features include; free world-wide CDN, POP3 Secure Email support, unlimited domain hosting, free domain name, FTP access, web file manager, hotlink protection, customizable error pages, $200 Marketing Credit, CGI library, NGINX+ cache, dual quad processor performance servers, courtesy site backups, multiple 10 GB ethernet connections, etc.
BlueHost Hosting Services
The platform offers multiple hosting plans tailored according to your requirements. In case you are not sure which hosting plan you should choose, you can request for a free consultation session. Now, let us discuss the available hosting services in detail.
It is one of the most affordable ways through which you connect your website to the internet to get it up and running. In this type of hosting, a number of websites use and share the same server and have access to the identical features. 😇
You can either use the traditional WordPress or the builder to create your a professional looking website. Even though the resources are shared, the site’s performance remains unaffected and all the sensitive data is secured through SSL protection.
You can use google ads campaigns to promote your business and upload information online such as location, hours of operation, for quick glance and easy access.
You can select any of the four provided plans, namely, Basic, Plus, Choice Plus and Pro based on your needs. You can subscribe to the plans for a 12 or 36 months period.
Basic – Due to the ongoing discount offer, you avail the Basic plan for just $2.95 per month. You should go for this plan if all you need to manage is one site and need resources like 50 GB SSD Storage, Custom Themes, Free CDN, Free Domain for a year, SSL certificate, etc.
Plus – It currently costs $5.45 on a monthly basis and is a perfect choice if you need to manage multiple sites. It supports Unlimited Sites and Storage, Free Office 365 for 30 days and all the “Basic” functionalities.
Choice Plus – You can purchase it for $5.45 per month. It offers all the “Plus” features along with Free Domain Privacy and Automated Backup for a year.
Pro – You can get it for $13.95 per month and is suitable in case you need optimized web resources for better site performance. In addition to all the “Choice Plus” functionalities, it also includes Optimized CPU Resources and Free Dedicated IP.
It is to be noted that you are entitled to receive a full refund if you cancel your subscription within a 3 to 30 days period (excluding domain fees) of buying the hosting plans. However, you are not eligible for any refunds after the 30 days limit.
Shared Hosting includes tons of features, some of which are as follows; Free Domain, Parked Domains, Google Ads, Bing Credits, Spam Experts, MySQL Databases, Website Space, Unmetered Bandwidth, SSD Storage,Website Builder, Custom Themes, Free CDN, Max File Count, Free SSL, Automated Backups, WordPress Integration, AI Driven Templates, etc.
In this type of hosting you get allotted servers that are completely isolated from other servers, so you get the full authority over how you want to configure them. 😍
Through dedicated hosting you get access to the highest level of control authority, privacy & security measures along with computation resource allocation. You should select this if your site encounters a large customer traffic at all times.
Dedicated Hosting Pricing & Plans
BlueHost provides three different kinds of dedicated hosting plans and you can select the most appropriate one based on your requirements.
All the plans offer free domain registration for a year, a secure connection to your website through free SSL certificate, RAID storage for improved data security and protection.
Each server allows flexible upgrades to improve site performance along with fast provisioning by connecting your server to the network within 24 to 72 hours.
The “Standard” plan presently costs $79.99 on a monthly basis and allows you complete access to a server. “Enhanced” can be availed for $99.99 for a month whereas “Premium” for $119.99 per month. All the plans support a 30-days money back guarantee in case you wish to cancel your subscription.
The plans differ on factors such as overall server speed, storage space, RAM, dedicated IPs and network bandwidth.
Dedicated Hosting Features
You get access to improved cPanels, multi server management, dedicated support, root access, four core processors, multiple CPU threads, 4 GB+ RAM, RAID storage space, 5 TB and above network bandwidth, one free domain, dedicated IPs, etc.
Virtual Private Server hosting, also referred to as VPS, allots dedicated resources such as RAM, CPU and Disk Space for your account. This is done via virtualization technology where a dedicated server and resources are divided amongst all the users on that particular server.
Some of the benefits of using this type of hosting are; ability to host unlimited domains and websites, dedicated server resources such as RAM, CPU and storage, easy to use dashboard consisting of all the tools required to manage and analyze website performance, unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 customer support as well as SSD hard drives for speedy VPS performance.
VPS Hosting Pricing & Plans
You can select from any of the following three pricing plans. The “Standard” plan can be availed for $19.99 per month, the “Enhanced” plan for $29.99 per month and the “Ultimate” VPS plan at $59.99 per month. 😚
You get access to functionalities such as 2 to 8 GB of RAM, 2 to 4 Cores, IP Addresses, cPanel & Root Access, 30 GB to 120 GB SSD Storage, free domain name for a year, Multi-server management and few other add-ons features.
- Flexible features and plans – You get full authority and control over themes customization, subscription plans, upgrades, add-ons, servers, storage space, security measures and so much more. BlueHost would most certainly meet all your requirements, be it for a small sized business or a large enterprise.
- Top Notch Security – There’s no denying the fact that BlueHost goes above and beyond to ensure that your sites and sensitive data remains safe. It uses a number of tools, safety procedures and protocols, some of which are; Secure Sockets Layer, Secure Shell protocol (SSH), multi-factor authentication, SiteLock, Web Application Firewall, IP Deny Manager, Spam Assassin Protection, CMS Vulnerability Patching, etc.
- Extensive & Helpful Customer Support – The platform has the most dependable customer care services which includes resource library, knowledge base along with 24/7 customer support via live chat, Emails, helpdesk ticketing system, social network and phone call support.
- No Uptime Guarantee – The platform doesn’t provide any uptime guarantee on any of its plans and should be thought about. Uptime plays a major role when it comes to your online business and can greatly affect your sales if not cared for.
- Expensive Renewals and Add-on features – BlueHost indeed offer their services at lower costs when compared to other web hosting services but the renewal prices are always more than the introductory costs. On top of that, most of its add-on features and account upgrades are costly, especially the server and security upgrades.
BlueHost provides tons of support options. It includes a Resource center which incorporates a number of detailed articles, guides and video tutorials on categories like Websites, Business and Marketing.
The platform also offers a Knowledge Base which consists of frequently asked questions and educational resources related to WordPress, Login Management, Billing Preferences, etc.
You can reach out to the company’s support team via 24/7 live chat, by submitting a helpdesk ticket or through a phone call on number 888-401-4678. You can connect and become a part of BlueHost social communities such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
You are eligible to receive a full refund if you cancel your subscription within 3 days of buying the hosting plans. In the period between 3-30 days, you will get the refund on all hosting services except for the domain registration fees. You cannot claim for any refunds after 30 days.
BlueHost strives to offer the best network and server uptime, 99.9% on an average. In case any issues occur, they get them solved within a few minutes.
BlueHost prioritizes security and therefore offers top notch measures to ensure your site remains safe. Free SSL, anti-DDoS security, Spam Experts, Spam Hammer and SiteLock are some of the ways through which malicious attacks and threats are blocked.