- 1 Semrush Overview
- 2 Getting Started With Semrush
- 3 Semrush Dashboard & Ease Of Use
- 4 Semrush Key Features
- 5 Semrush Pricing Plans
- 6 Semrush Refund Policy
- 7 Semrush Customer Support
- 8 Semrush Pros
- 9 Semrush Cons
- 10 Semrush Review – In A Nutshell
Digital marketing is on the rise and if you are looking for a competent platform that can take care of your business needs when it comes to the online aspects of it, then this Semrush review can be of some help to you.
In this Semrush review, we will be discussing various aspects of the platform including key features, ease of use, pricing plans, customer support, and more.
Semrush is an immensely popular and one of the most reliable online visibility management as well as content marketing software as a service (SaaS) platforms.
Founded in 2008, Semrush has been offering its services for an entire decade and is used by more than 10,000,000 digital marketers from around the world.
The platform offers a professional all-in-one marketing suite that consists of more than 55 related products, tools, and add-ons to help you conduct your business online effectively and efficiently. Semrush provides you with various important features all incorporated into a single platform so that you do not have to integrate with other applications unless you want to.
If we were to discuss numbers in particular, Semrush has a total of 142 global databases, 21 billion keywords, 43 trillion backlinks, and 808 million domain profiles. The platform has been awarded 21 international titles for best SEO software suite and is used by 30% of the fortune 500 companies.
Some of the advanced features you have access to include keyword research, content marketing, rank tracking, social media management, competitor SEO analysis, content optimization, market analysis, website monetization and more.
Getting Started With Semrush
Before you can access the services of Semrush, you have to create an account for the same. You can easily register for a Semrush account by following the steps given below.
1. Head to the official Semrush website and click on the “Sign Up” button present at the top right corner of the home page.
2. You can either choose to register for an account using google credentials or by entering your email address and password.
3. Once completed, click on the “Create Account” button and you will be redirected to the customization flow page.
4. Here you can answer questions given to match your needs with the Semrush platform such as your experience with SEO, your company, etc. Click on the “Continue” button once done.
5. Next up you will be redirected to the pricing plan page where you can either decide to select the “Pro” or “Guru” package along with the Free trial or not.
6. The free trial access is given to you once you successfully submit payment details like card number, state, and more.
7. Click on the “Place the order” button after you have mentioned all the required information and once approved you are all set to try out the Semrush platform.
Semrush Dashboard & Ease Of Use
In this aspect of the Semrush review, let us briefly go over the details related to its dashboard interface and ease of use. The account dashboard is very easy to navigate and beginner friendly with a low learning curve.
The interface is highly organized and sorted in various categories such as SEO, Local SEO, Advertising, Management, Social Media, Trends, Agency Solutions, and more along with multiple subcategories. You can create your reports from scratch or use pre-designed templates, combine marketing data, associate reports with your brand, etc.
Semrush Key Features
Let’s go over some of the most important features provided by the platform amidst the plethora of advanced functionalities.
1. Search Engine Optimization
The platform provides quite a number of SEO-related functionalities categorized in multiple attributes such as competitive research, keyword research, link building, on-page, off-page, & tech SEO.
Keyword Research enables you to analyze any particular keyword, monitor competitors on SERP, analyze trends from historical data, etc. You have the ability to compare domains, provide in-depth traffic analysis, track dynamic organic competitive landscape, observe domain positions, evaluate link profiles, view thematic reports, and more.
Semrush provides you access to features like website monetization, PPC keyword research, market analysis, and ad tracking. All of these attributes allow you to connect with your target audiences better. You can identify competitors’ promotional strategies and budgets, discover niche topics, assess the PPC competition, monitor your rivals’ keywords and ad copy, run an analysis of up to 1,000 keywords simultaneously, receive insights related to leading advertisers among your Google Shopping candidates, etc.
3. Content Marketing
For this area of the Semrush platform, you can reap the benefits of functionalities like topic research, SEO content template, writing assistant, brand monitoring, content audit, and more. You can identify and show trending topics using filters, generate ideas using competitors’ content rank, discover valuable ideas on the basis of location, generate SEO templates, use targeted recommendations, etc.
You have the ability to optimize your content by automatically submitting it to the SEO writing assistant in real time, refining brand mentions through reputable channels, organizing and tracking the efficiency of your campaigns, and more.
4. Social Media Management
The available social media management tools can help you to increase your brand visibility on social media as well as allow you to streamline your channels via monitoring, publishing, and ads management solutions.
You have access to tools like Social Media posters and Social Media Ads. The former enables you to easily schedule posts as well as track your performance whereas the latter lets you design, post, handle and optimize ads on placements across social forums such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Business Profile, and more.
Semrush Pricing Plans
From startups to medium-sized companies to large well established enterprises, Semrush provides plans to suit everyone’s business needs and requirements. The platform offers three different paid packages namely, Pro, Guru, and Business which can be bought on both monthly as well as annual basis.
1. Pro – You can subscribe to this plan if you are new to digital marketing or have a small in-house team. It costs $119.95 per month on a monthly basis and $99.95 on yearly basis. Some of the features you have access to include five projects, 500 trackable keywords, keyword, domain, and backlink analytics, 10,000 results per report, 3,000 reports per day, one target per project, five scheduled PDF reports, and more.
2. Guru – It is an ideal subscription package for growing companies such as marketing agencies as well as consultants. It can be purchased for $229.95 or $191.62 for a month depending on a monthly and annual basis. In addition to all of the “Pro” functionalities, you have access to attributes such as historical data, Content Marketing Platform, Google Data Studio Integration, 30,000 results per report, 5,000 reports per day, 1,000 keyword metrics updates per month, 15 projects, 20 scheduled PDF reports, plagiarism checks, etc.
3. Business – As the name suggests, the “Business” plan is perfect for agencies and enterprises. The plan can be purchased either for $449.95 or $374.95 for a month when billed on a monthly and yearly basis. It includes all of the “Guru” package features along with the following; 40 projects, 5,000 trackable keywords, share of Voice metric, API access, Product Listing Ads, unlimited targets per project, 2,000 SEO content templates, Keyword cannibalization report, unlimited calendars and many more.
It is to be noted that you can complete your payment transaction through any of the following methods:
- Credit cards such as American Express, Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and UnionPay.
- Wire transfer (if requested)
- Check or money order (on request for US customers only)
Semrush Refund Policy
The platform provides you the ability to upgrade, downgrade as well as cancel your Semrush subscription whenever you want. In case you are not satisfied with Semrush and its services in any way and decide to initiate the refund process within the 7 days limit from the date of original purchase, you are entitled to receive the entire amount back. Semrush strives to provide the utmost customer satisfaction, however, if you change your mind about their product, your money is returned to you, no question asked.
Semrush Customer Support
To be able to easily access customer support and have educational materials to understand the working of the application is an immensely important factor, so in this section of the Semrush review, we will discuss the help options provided to us by the platform.
Semrush offers a plethora of customer support choices along with tons of self-help resources. Some of the content published on the official website of Semrush which you can use as guides includes an extensive knowledge base, dedicated blog page, eBooks, personnel academy, comprehensive help center, webinars and more.
You can request the Semrush support team to provide you with initial training by filling out the demo form present on the site itself. You can reach out to the Semrush representative in a number of ways including email, phone call,s and support tickets. You can also connect with Semrush through social media platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
1. Availability of advanced and comprehensive keyword research tool that provides you access to more than 21 billion keywords across 130 countries.
2. Immensely extensive analysis features which execute highly detailed audits on the basis of over 130 checks.
3. Monitor competitor websites, analyze the domain’s backlink profile, discover marketing strategies, etc.
4. Design, develop and schedule white-labeled reports to represent your company.
5. Amazing social management features such as schedule posting, tracking the performance, optimizing ads and more.
1. Pricing plans can be a bit expensive for some users as features like advanced analysis require extra add-ons plans.
2. Need updates in aspects like keyword management.
3. Most Semrush tools work on the data collected from a single search engine, Google.
Semrush Review – In A Nutshell
Wrapping up our Semrush review by summarizing all that we have covered in this article along with our suggestions. All in all, Semrush is an excellent SEO platform with tons of helpful features. It allows you access to functionalities such as link building, position tracking, listing management, auditing tools, and more.
On the downside, the platform only collects and generates data from Google. The additional packages to use advanced features are a bit costly. However, Semrush has the capability to add worth to your business so do give it a try since you have access to Semrush’s free trial.