- 1 Who is Joyce Carol Oates?
- 2 Lessons Included in Masterclass
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Principles of writing short fiction
- 2.3 Journals: observing the world
- 2.4 Ideas: exploring taboo and darkness
- 2.5 Structure and Form
- 2.6 Ideas: writing familiar
- 2.7 Form story: miniature narrative
- 2.8 Form study: short monologue
- 2.9 Story study: where are you going and where you have been
- 2.10 Reading and studying writing
- 2.11 The writer’s workshop: ‘Indian camp’
- 2.12 Revision workshop:’labour day’
- 2.13 Revision workshop: ‘near death’
- 2.14 Closing
- 3 5 Key Benefits of Joyce Carol Oates Masterclass
- 4 What You Can Expect From Joyce Carol Oates Masterclass?
- 5 Pros of Joyce Carol Oates Masterclass
- 6 Worth it or not?
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 FAQS
In this world of diversity, everyone has their different skills and ability to perform talent but had never noticed that only the art of writing gives you the superpower of creating a different world.
Some people have this incredible skill of writing as a god’s gift but do you know that everyone can develop this skill if they get perfect guidance and a good instructor.
This Masterclass has everything you need to enhance your skills of writing a good instructor, proper guidance and based on real examples.
You can learn a proper way of writing professionally in just a duration of 4 hours via these classes under the brilliance of Joyce Carol Oates.
Who is Joyce Carol Oates?
Joyce Carol Oates is an American novelist, short story writer, playwright, and poet. Joyce was born on June 16, 1938 in Lockport Newyork (US). Joyce published her first book “Shuddering Fall” in 1963 and till then she had produced a total number of 58 books. Joyce was honored with many awards for her marvellous work like
- O. Henry Award (1973)
- National Humanities Medal (2010)
- Stone Award for Lifetime Literary Achievement (2012)
- Jerusalem Prize (2019)
- And have achieved a great name in the world of writing.
Lessons Included in Masterclass
In this lesson, you’ll get to know about your instructor about her creations, achievements, and phrases of time she faced in her career. It will be very productive for you all to learn about the life of that popular writer who created many fictional stories to entertain this world and you will also get to learn what how the life of a writer looks like.
Principles of writing short fiction
Everything has some principles via which that thing can be created in a most perfect form similar to that writing short stories have some principles like how much words can be used in that etc..
Sometimes you have a story but it seems too long to make readers understand and you don’t know how to shrink it into a short form in this part of class your instructor who’s an incredible short story writer will help you to learn this skill of writing short fictions.
Journals: observing the world
When you’re a writer you need to observe the world and note everything down in a journal of yours it’ll help you in finding new ideas now you’ll think that everyone observes the world, yes everyone does but you have to observe in a different way like a professional writer.
If you’re in this field you have to know what people want and what can be new which will be hit in this world of diversity and this lesson of Joyce’s classes will tell you how a writer observes the world and mention that in his/her journal.
Ideas: exploring taboo and darkness
When you’re a writer you have to find new things to work on and publish whole new stuff for readers and for that you’ll need new ideas which should be relatable to reality.
Now the point is from where these ideas will come from?
They’ll come from this world. The last class of the journal of your observation will help you in that when you’ll read that you’ll find many taboo and darkness in this world, many problems with different faces. When people relate them with reality, it definitely will be attractive to everyone. That’s how you’ll learn all about writing step by step in this class.
Structure and Form
Every beautiful thing has a structure and its structure defines how beautiful it is. This rule implements in writing also your marvellous story can be spoiled if it’s not structured in a perfect way and this part of your learning session will help you to learn, how to define your story in a perfect structure and form.
Ideas: writing familiar
When you write a story in your ways so it looks perfect to you but sometimes the language you use is not familiar to all readers someone finds it quite complicated and hard to understand so in future to assure that you’ll don’t face these kinds of problems. Joyce will teach you the right way to enter in the mind of the reader.
Form story: miniature narrative
The miniature narrative is a brief description in a few pages of how to represent your story, how the structure should be, and what kind of language should be used to make your material more attractive and understandable to the readers.
Form study: short monologue
This class is based on playwriting in which there’s a speech that describes the whole play with all characters. In this class, you’ll get to learn how to write a play in a correct and fluent form.
Story study: where are you going and where you have been
In this part you’ll get to learn about how to jump from one part to another in a story. There are many phrases in a story and you have to define every single one of them but sometimes it feels quite difficult how to end one part and start another one for a good story the last one should end very smoothly and get merge into the next one otherwise the whole story could be spoiled.
Reading and studying writing
When you’re a writer already the level of inspiration you desire turns different than a normal reader a writer expects the whole different stuff from a book.
The writer’s workshop: ‘Indian camp’
This is for those who are already a writer. This class will help them to enhance their skill in writing so that they’ll be more productive and be able to write in a more interesting way.
Revision workshop:’labour day’
In this session, it’ll be an explanation of the journey of the instructor’s story ‘Labour Day’.
Revision workshop: ‘near death’
In this session, it’ll be an explanation of the journey of the instructor’s story ‘Near Death’
This will be the last session. In this lesson, Joyce will share some words and advice, which will help you in the future as a professional writer.
5 Key Benefits of Joyce Carol Oates Masterclass
- It includes workshops which help you in learning the practical side of work and will get a chance to practice skills and all.
2. Perfect guidance of a super talented writer you’ll get the guidance of Joyce who’s very talented in her job and she will guide you in everything you want to learn.
3. Teaches how to get new ideas by observing things in a certain way: by choosing this Masterclass you’ll learn how to observe the world and generate new ideas by your proper observation.
4. It provides form studies of different things that are included in the profession of writing which will help you to come over from any situation and will help you in writing any content in its best form.
5. You will get to learn about principles of writing Via this opportunity of Learning, you’ll be able to learn some keys of attractive writing, which are the principles of writing and important to enabling your content in being best from base to the top.
What You Can Expect From Joyce Carol Oates Masterclass?
Joyce carol is one of the marvellous writers who wrote many fictional books with her incredible ability and extraordinary talent of writing.
In her Masterclass, you’ll get to learn about many things about writing and some things that you know about but don’t know what it is exactly, in these classes you’ll learn every aspect of writing in her Masterclass of 14 lessons mentioned above.
If you’re a writer or want to be a writer then yes these classes are for you. It’ll be a game-changer in your writing profession.
Pros of Joyce Carol Oates Masterclass
- Joyce Carol Oates Masterclass are very informative and will make you more productive.
- The instructor is very popular and successful in her career so you’ll get a chance to learn from a pro.
- The duration of classes is short which assures that there’s no wasting of your precious time.
- No Cons Found.
Worth it or not?
In Joyce Carol Oates Masterclass you’ll get everything to learn about a writing career and will make you more productive and creative and will enhance your image. It will change the way you observe this world and what you take out of your observation.
So yes it is worth it.
Writing is a very popular art and career for a very long period it provides people a good entertainment and a source of knowledge writers like Joyce Carol Oates are a blessing for those who want to be a writer and it’s a big opportunity for them that Joyce is now on Masterclass which will help those who are genuinely interested in writing.
Joyce carol’s Masterclass have a duration of 4 hours.
Joyce’s Masterclass have a total number of 14 lessons.
Joyce Carol Oates is an American novelist, short story writer, and playwright who’s very successful in her career and honoured with many awards for her incredible work.
It’s very simple to find these classes. All you have to do is visit the page of Masterclass official site.
Just visit the page of Masterclass, register yourself and fill in the details needed and enjoy the classes.