Microsoft to launch Lumia 540: Dual SIM, 5 MP Rear Camera and more
Yes the new Microsoft Lumia 540 is about to hit the stores. With dual sim slots, a host of other features and an attractive price of INR 10,199 the phone seems to be exciting in its category and range.
Pre-Booking for the Lumia 540 Starts from May 18
Just like many of its competitors Microsoft is also playing the pre-book card with Lumia 540 this time to boost sales. The phone is essentially an upgrade over Lumia 535 which factually is the first Microsoft branded Lumia phone after Nokia sold its smartphone arm to the Computer Giant.
Some Key Features for the Lumia 540 are:
- HD Display
- Improved 8 MP rear camera
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720) IPS LCD display
- Pixel density: 294 ppi
- OS: Windows 8.1 (Upgradable to Windows 10 and above)
- Powered by 1.2 Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1 GB RAM for smooth performance
- 15 GB free OneDrive storage
- You get further 15 GB free after activating auto-upload to OneDrive
- LED Flash in rear camera with autofocus
- 5 MP wide angle front camera so you can enjoy smooth and clear video chats on Skype and Viber
- Connectivity is great in terms of a Usb 2.0 port, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS and 3G network support
- Weight: 152 gm., that is incredibly light in the segment
- Dual SIM slots ( Kind of a major USP which is disappointing)
- 2200 mAh removable battery (old school here but I think removable is great!!)
- Colours available: Orange, Cyan, White and Matte Black
As a personal user of Lumia and an age old Nokia loyalist, I am always looking for something awesome from their side. The takeover by Microsoft has sure brought in some major upgrades which were quintessential but still the Lumia has still to show some magic in the markets.
It will interesting to see the diversity of apps on this phone and the flexibility and functionality when the phone finally rolls out.
If you are interested in the new Lumia 540, go Pre-Book it before 18th May!!
Do tell us about your experience with the phone!!!
Video Credits: Microsoft Lumia