HP today introduced the HP EliteBook Folio 1020 family, the industry’s thinnest and lightest business-classnotebooks. The HP EliteBook 1020 and the HP EliteBook 1020 Special Edition (SE) are ultra-thin at 15. 7 mm, and the SE takes advantage of HP’s exclusive blend of magnesium-lithium alloy and reusable carbon fiber to achieve a weight of only 1 kg (2.2 lbs.)[i].Both share a tough, cutting-edge design thatofferselite business-class performance.
“The HP EliteBook1020 represents game-changing innovation in both materials and mechanical engineering to create the world’s lightest business notebooks in a form factor that enables our customers to be more productive in more places,” said Rajiv Srivastava, vice president and general manager, PPS, HP India.
“Customers demand not only a stylish, thin and light notebook, but also a device that delivers advanced security and can withstand the rigorous demands that come with a highly mobile lifestyle – and the HP EliteBook 1020 delivers this complete solution.”
Focus on security andreliability
The HP EliteBook 1020 and the ultra-lightweight HP EliteBook 1020 SEare designed withenterprise mobility in mind, with up to 9 hours of battery life[ii] to power a full workday. Like the rest of the EliteBook family, these are designed to pass military-grade(MIL-STD 810G)testing – drops, shocks, and exposure to extremes of temperature and humidity, and high pressure testing[iii]. These notebooksalso deliver both speed and near silent operation with a fanless design and solid state storage, supported by latest Intel® Core-MTM processortechnology.
Both devices come with HP Client Management Solutions and optional LANDesk[iv] and Intel® vProTM technology[v] to easily integrate and deploy into an enterprise IT environment. The notebooks include HP’s exclusive enterprise-class security, including certified Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2/2.0[vi], pre-boot authentication, fingerprint reader and the exclusive HP Sure Start self-healing BIOS to help better protect your device, data and identity.
The HP EliteBook 1020 with optional touchscreen and HP EliteBook 1020 SE offer brilliant clarity on a high resolution 12.5-inch diagonal Quad HD (QHD) display, and are the first EliteBooks to come withthe HP Premium Keyboard, a newly designed keyboard that provides optimized, consistent key response based on user testing and feedback.
The 720p webcam, front firing speakers featuring HD Audio with DTS Studio Sound™ and HP Noise Reduction Software, make web conferences and collaboration on-the-go more productive with a difference you can hear.
HP Elite PCs set the standard
HP Elite devices are the standard in delivering innovation to customers that’s built on security, reliability, manageability and design. Today’s announcement also includes updates to the HP EliteBook line of notebooks and convertibles, which will feature the latest generation of Intel® CoreTMprocessors.
All new HP EliteBooks include the HP Noise Reduction Software for greater clarity in collaborative environments. Updated HP EliteBooksare pre-loaded with the company’s cloud-based management solution HP Touchpoint Manager[vii] to easily manage and secure multi-OS devices in an IT environment and can also be deployed on customers’ existing devices.
The devices also include enhanced security features with HP Client Security[viii]and HP BIOSphere[ix]to help keep data and devices safe. In addition, HP EliteBooks and undergo more than 115,000 hours of testing to multiple military reliability standards. The updated HP EliteBooks include:
- HP EliteBook 1040
- HP EliteBook850
- HP EliteBook 840
- HP EliteBook 820
- HP EliteBook Revolve 810
Pricing and Availability
The HP EliteBook 700 and 800 Series are available today. The HP EliteBook Folio 1020 Standard Edition is available now. To learn more about the HP Elite line of PCs, visit http://www.hp.com/go/elite.
The starting price of HP EliteBook Folio 1020 is INR 90,000/- onwards.
1) Final weight of the 1020 is 1.2 kg (2.68 lbs.), the 1020 SE is pending.
2) Windows 8 MM12 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
3) MIl STD 810G testing is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use.Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions. MIL STD testing on the EliteBook 1020 is final, testing on the 1020 Special Edition is pending.
4) Remote Secure functionality requires LANdesk software, sold separately. Select devices offer location-based functionality and require an active LANDesk Management Suite 9.5 SP1 (LDMS) maintenance service or license with location-based settings, Windows 8.1 and WWAN/GPS functionality. Wipe functionality performs a “Windows 8 Reset” and requires Windows 8. Lock performs a Windows “Lock Computer.”
5) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run.Availability of future “virtual appliances” applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
6) Firmware TPM is version 2.0. Hardware TPM is v1.2, which is a subset of the TPM 2.0 specification version v0.89 as implemented by Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT).
7) HP Touchpoint Manager supports Android™, iOS and Windows operating systems and PCs, notebooks, tablets and smartphones from various manufacturers. Not available in all countries see www.hp.com/touchpoint for availability information. HP Touchpoint Manager requires purchase of a subscription.
8) HP Client Security requires Windows.
9) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
Source : HP