BBM or Blackberry messenger is one the most popular apps when it comes to instant messaging. In the earlier times, BBM was only available for Blackberry phones. Due its rising popularity the company has also launched the app over various platforms like Google Play and Android app stores. It is also available for Windows Phones. If you know some hacks, you can even download BBM for PC and MAC& (Windows 7/8/XP). This is great as you can enjoy the advantages of BBM on your desktop by following some simple steps.
There is a huge demand for BBM to be available for PC due its various advantages. There are many unofficial sources for download and most of them will leave a lot of spam and unwanted stuff on your computers. This post will guide you through the simplest process available so that you can download BBM for PC and enjoy its numerous awesome features like:
- Advanced security features as in BBM pin. With BBM you do not need a number. You just need a pin to create your profile. Just share this pin with those people you wish to connect with. This way you can easily keep strangers at bay.
- You can easily broadcast unlimited messages at the same time and easily create group chats.
- You get instant time checking details related to the sent messages. You can easily check delivery and whether the messages have been read or not.
- It supports animated images to make your conversations more interactive.
- You can share and receive unlimited files like photos, videos and more. It has free voice calling too!
The user interface is extremely smooth. These features have ensured the survival of BBM in the midst of the tough competition it faces from hugely popular rivals like Whatsapp and WeChat.
There is no official Blackberry source from where you can download BBM for PC. But you can do it unofficially with some easy steps. The PC version is also free of cost. You just need to download and run the Andy Emulator for PC first. The process is very simple and the emulator will take you directly to BBM from where you can download it for your PC.
Here is how you can download BBM for PC and MAC
- Download and install Andy It is an android emulator for desktop systems and allows its users to download cool apps which otherwise only run in the android environment.
- Run the emulator. You will need to sign up. You can do this very easily with your Google account or any other account for that matter. Once you are signed up you have access to all the apps which are available for android.
- Go to the search bar and type BBM and go.
- You will see the download link on the screen. Proceed and download BBM for your PC
- Once installed, The BBM app is ready to be used on both Windows and MAC operating systems.
Are you an avid BBM user? What is your favourite instant messaging App? Do mention it in the comments.