How to Fix This Copy of Windows 7 is not Genuine
How to Fix This Copy of Windows 7 not Genuine – Complete Tutorial
Most of us who use computers and laptops use Windows as our operating systems. It is the one platform where we can do our work, entertain ourselves, surf the internet, play games and a lot more. Many a times it happens that after you install Windows on your system you soon start to see this image. It says, “This copy of windows is not genuine”.
This most of the times, means that you need to activate your Windows operating system or that you have installed a copy (not licensed) of Windows. This may also happen after you install an update.
If the issue is prolonged then there are certainly some annoying consequences. Soon your desktop will turn black. You can reset it but it will turn black again after 60 minutes until and unless the issue is redressed. To make matters worse, all other updates other than the critical ones will stop downloading. This means diminished performance, slower operation and you being annoyed. In windows you can use UC wifi hotspot download as well
Not to worry though because here we are with two comprehensive solutions to fix this problem even if the version of windows on your computer is a counterfeit.
Here is how to fix this copy of windows 7 is not genuine
PS: You need to know a bit of command prompt. If you know how to open it, you are set.
- First you will need to open command prompt. It is a compressive dos system which is used heavily by hard core techies. Here we will use it to solve our problem.
- Go to start
- Search cmd in the search bar
- Right click over it
- Click on Run as administrator
- A window will open with a cursor blinking as shown in the image.
- Don’t put in any spaces or press any key. Just type – SLMGR –REARM.
- Check that you have typed the above words exactly.
- A windows script host will pop up asking for confirmation. Click on
- Now you just need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
After the restart there is a 99% chance that you will not receive the message that this copy of windows in not genuine. If the problem persists you can follow the following steps.
You can also check:
There is an update called KB971033. This is a windows system update which informs the computer that the copy of your windows software is not genuine. If we are able to delete it permanently then the problem will be gone for good.
This copy of Windows is not Genuine Tutorial
- Open control panel
- Go to Windows and open the updates section
- Find the KB971033 update
- Uninstall It
- Restart your computer.
Using the above two methods you can get rid of the problem for good and start using your Windows system to all the stuff you want. There will be no error messages nor will you have to reset your desktop with your favourite wallpaper every hour.
Here is a video to assist you